Dining: Little Italy
The annual Feast of San Gennaro, from September 13-23, 2001, draws over 3 million people a year.
Little Italy is centered around Mulberry Street from Spring Street to Canal Street in Manhattan. The narrow streets are packed with New York's best Italian restaurants and cafes.
in geographical order
- Old St. Patrick's Cathedral (Prince Street & Mulberry Street)
- Umberto's Clam House (Hester Street & Mulberry Street)
- Bowery Savings Bank (130 Bowery at Grand)
- Former Police Headquarters Building (Centre Street from Grand to Broome)
- Fourteenth Ward Industrial School of the Children's Aid Society (256-58 Mott Street between Prince and Houston)
- Pioneer Hotel (146-48 Bowery at Broome)
- Puck Building (295-309 Lafayette Street)
More information on architectural landmarks in Little Italy is available at http://www.thing.net/~lina/architect.html.